Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bailey (formerly Pearl)'s New Life

Almost a year ago to the day, I adopted Bailey (formerly Pearl) from IAR. Bailey is my first dog, and after having her for a year, I cannot imagine my life without her. She is the sweetest dog I have ever met, and has yet to meet another person, dog, or other animal that she doesn't like. She loves to play, run, and most of all, chase squirrels, but is also perfectly happy curling up in my lap on the sofa (even though she is 55lbs).
We have been through 3 obedience classes so far, and she has excelled in all. As we continue to work on obedience and Bailey calms down a little with age, I hope to have her trained as a therapy dog so she can enrich the lives of others, just as she has mine. Bailey is an amazing dog, and I am very lucky IAR rescued her so that I was able to adopt her.

No comments:

Post a Comment