Monday, September 20, 2010

A Forever Home

The first time I came to the IAR Website I saw a photo of our new cat, Yuki (formerly known as Waffles) and I thought what a striking looking fellow! I showed the photo to my family and asked what they thought ot this beautiful cat - only to find out that they were not as inamoured with him as I was (they thought his eyes looked too odd for them -he has green eyes with a dark outline around the iris). For the next month I kept checking out the website but was drawn to this one particular cat. Finally after we returned from vacation we decided to attend the PetSmart Adoption event & came face to face with him! I was a goner after that -- I had already filled out the adoption application, had talked to his foster mom and after meeting him, knew he belonged with us. Thankfully, she agreed with me!

He is such a GREAT cat! He is just like his foster mom described him - very laid back and a sweet boy! He has had some health issues (dental problems that were addressed prior to our adopting him and a heart murmur which he will take medication for forever) but we look at it like this - each day with him is a blessing which we will enjoy for as long as we have him!

I really appreciate IAR and all of the volunteers that are willing to do what it takes to find forever homes for these animals! I HIGHLY recommend adopting a pet from IAR and am very glad that the organization takes the adoption so seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment